Monday, April 26, 2010

I Love My Team.

I would first like to say that Mariam Kahn, Jo Beth Sence, and Matt Miller are awesome. We are group 5 for Donna and Erik's film project; we have been given the genre of "experimental" to work with, and we have come up with some really unique ideas. All four of us bring forth different skills that make us valuable assets to what has been my favorite team I have worked with in Honors so far.

Mariam is the director, and she does just that. She organizes, plans, and enforces what we are going to do in her own calm, welcoming way. She is the one who makes the phone calls, mass texts, and schedules for when we are going to film. She has been responsible for keeping an up-to-date screenplay so that we know where our film stands. She also doubles as one of the main stars of our film. Basically I'm really proud of the work she has done, and I think that she should step up and be a leader more often in any group she is involved with in the future.

Jo Beth is the sound editor technically, but really she's the mom of the group. She is the one who makes sure that everyone is where they need to be on set. She will stand out of the shot and make sure there are no interruptions from outsiders while we're trying to film. Jo Beth will often encourage us by giving helpful tips about how we should read a line or how we should be acting in general. She is very open to new ideas and brings forth a lot of her own.

Matt is the definition of what a camera man should be, in my humble opinion. He is a boy, and therefore he likes toys. The camera is one huge toy that he loves to play with and learn about. He is constantly searching for new angles from which to shoot or new ways we can tell our audience our story. He takes direction very well, and he also will just try new things without even telling us… and we end up loving them!

I am the editor, and I have such exciting things plan for the film. I already have the entire film strung out in my head, complete with music. I really hope that Donna, Erik, and the rest of our class appreciate the work we have put into our experimental film. Next week should be exciting!

1 comment: